Thursday, 18 May 2017

Living by the Lakes: I went back to Ambleside!

After handing in my last assignment for university I seem stuck on things to do on my days off! So one day last week I made a list of all the places I wanted to go, and mountains and fells I wanted to climb within Cumbria and the Lake District. I mean I do wish to go further afar, but for now, when I have a single day off and not much time to get somewhere I have my little list. I also want to appreciate and take advantage of where I live, it is after all rather beautiful!

My day off this week however didn't go to plan, we took off on a 35 minute drive to 'Ambleside'.This could have been a great day but the weather was not on our side! It rain (poured down) all day and it was impossible to walk around without getting drenched. My friend had to buy a rain poncho. So we ate some food in 'the tavern' (I think it was called); popped in a few shops, a couple of great sweet and chocolate shops, I would recommend trying some Kendal Mint cake and headed home. I still managed to get a few snaps, mainly of the little house on the bridge.






No comments:

Post a Comment